Lamaze Birth & Baby YOUR Way Childbirth Series (includes CPR & Baby Safety)
Let's go VIRTUAL!
Currently, all the Birth & Baby YOUR Way classes are offered in a remarkable live virtual format that will exceed your expectations. This class series leaves you confident and prepared for your labor, birth and early parenting time. These are not "online do it alone" classes, but dynamic live classes filled with families just like you, lead by an engaging, fun instructor.
Here's what you can expect from your unique virtual childbirth class experience:
- All classes are live and virtual at this time, join from anywhere and participate in interactive activities specially designed for engaging, virtual learning
- A generous and customized goody bag mailed directly to your home, filled with labor tools and aids for your birth, along with all the props for the learning activities we will use during class.
- Full access to your cohort's Google Classroom where weekly resources, videos, links and updates are shared to enrich and supplement your learning experience.
- A Zoom virtual classroom that opens 15 minutes before each class for families to connect, chat and build community before the learning starts.
- A WhatsApp group just for your class to maintain your connection between classes and beyond - especially during those midnight feeds! You are not alone!
- Guest instructors who join the class live to share their expertise, including massage therapists, prenatal exercise trainers and lactation consultants.
- Interactive and engaging activities adapted and customized for virtual learning that facilitate skill building and promote retention when you will need it most - weeks or months from now!
- A virtual or in person reunion to meet the babies and share experiences.
- An open invitation to join weekly Zoom calls with other pregnant and newly postpartum families to connect, share and build community during this period of social distancing.
- The skills and knowledge of an experienced and internationally recognized Lamaze certified childbirth educator who has supported over 4350 families to feel confident and prepared for over 19 years. I also bring my experience as a doula who has attended over 530 births.
Congratulations on this new baby joining your family! An exciting time! I invite you to join other pregnant families in a seven week journey through a community based Lamaze childbirth class. You may be choosing to give birth at home, in a birth center or at a local hospital. This Birth & Baby YOUR Way childbirth class series in Ballard will leave you confident, excited and fully prepared to birth and parent your baby YOUR Way. Birth & Baby YOUR Way is not the standard boring childbirth class, but rather an interactive, engaging opportunity to build skills and confidence to labor, birth and parent YOUR way. Welcoming to all families - including families of color, LGBTQIA+ and solo parents. Diversity is celebrated.
This series includes a newborn caring class, a full lactation class and the ever important - CPR & Baby Safety YOUR Way, so that families can gain infant CPR, choking, household babyproofing, carseat and sleep safety knowledge.
What you can expect in your Lamaze Birth & Baby YOUR Way childbirth class
- Evidence-based pregnancy, birth and parenting practices that are supported by research and facilitated by a Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator with over 19 years of experience teaching well over 4000 families.
- Learn how to navigate all of your options, and choose the path that is right for you and your family.
- Skills to empower yourself as you explore how your body and your baby work with you as you labor and birth. Learn positions and coping techniques that work with your body’s natural capabilities to keep labor moving smoothly forward.
- Practice strategies for comfort and coping with pain during labor to discover what will work for you.
- Partners and support people learn and build confidence in being able to offer suggestions and useful techniques that support you best during your labor and birth.
- Tips for bonding between you and your baby, (and baby and partner/other parent too) with the importance of skin-to-skin contact and time to get to know your new baby after birth.
- A complete class dedicated to newborn caring and parenting
- A full class dedicated to breast/chestfeeding
- Every class filled with interactive and fun activities that increase confidence and build community. No lectures and Powerpoints, only active and engaged learning.
- Material delivered in a memorable way that allows you to easily recall information when labor starts, even if that is long after class has ended.
- Current and vital information on CPR & Baby Safety - just in case.
What's included in your registration?
"We ADORED Sharon's class! Highly recommend. I literally buzzed walking out of that class, fully confident that we could do this thing called childbirth." – Lauren Ziemski
The Lamaze Fundamentals of Pregnancy, Birth and Parenting are based on evidence and best practice. Lamaze and Sharon Muza welcomes and respects all individuals and families on this journey from every corner of the world. The goal is simple: all parents should feel confident, supported and powerful as they ask questions, make decisions, and navigate their path through pregnancy, birth and parenthood. Every family inherently knows what choices are right for their family and their baby.
Share your learning and class experience with other families making the same plans for an outstanding childbirth experience
This is the childbirth class you don't want to miss. My classes are highly interactive, full of fun and interesting activities, community building and laughter while always focused on best practice and evidence based care. You will find both my classroom and teaching style comfortable and a welcome relief from the typical childbirth class experience. You will meet and create a community of friends who share your desire for a safe and healthy birth.
Our class text, Pregnancy, Childbirth and the Newborn is included in the class series price and supplements class activities and learning. Recommended supplemental text is The Birth Partner, by Penny Simkin. Additionally, receive access to a robust and carefully curated Google Classroom for your class cohort filled with resources, links, and references that you can come back to when you need it.
Each class cohort enjoys a private WhatsApp group where members can build community, connect with each other. This is also a place for you connect with class members between classes and share birth stories and tales of parenting with each other. All my classes continue to meet post birth for community and sharing experiences as the babies grow.
At our last class, we schedule a future reunion (virtual during COVID) to meet all the little ones and share updates on life with a new baby!
In addition to Pregnancy, Childbirth and the Newborn, every family receives a customized "Birth & Baby YOUR Way" labor kit filled with useful tools to reduce discomfort and help you cope with labor, and lots of goodies that we use during class to make learning stick!
Calendar & Registration
The cost for the eight week series is $410. It is your registration and payment that confirm your space in class. This class routinely fills, so an early registration is encouraged. It is suggested that you complete the entire Birth & Baby YOUR Way series by your 38th week of pregnancy. If that is not possible for whatever reason, I will do whatever I can to be sure that you receive the material you missed, or invite you to attend a class with a previous cohort.
All classes run weekly, from 6:30 to 9:00 PM Pacific Time, starting on the class start date.
Refund Policy: A $100 cancellation fee will be charged if you cancel before three weeks. Half the class fee will be returned if you need to cancel within three weeks of the class date. There is no refund if you cancel within 48 hours of the class start time or after the class has started. If you birth early, please contact me to discuss your situation on a case by case basis. SharonMuza.com reserves the right to cancel any class or class series at any point prior to the class start date and will refund all monies paid to all registrants.
"Sharon has such an authentic, awesome personality...she's a straight-shooter and she kept us entertained (great sense of humor) while endowing us with a solid understanding of what to expect during labor and birth. I learned so much that I was worried it'd be difficult to retain all the fantastic knowledge! I would take the class again just to embed the information further. I'm most thankful for the education--specifically the anatomical and physiological portions--that gave me the confidence to know my body is fully capable of a healthy and natural delivery. Very empowering." - Olivia Howell
Lamaze Birth & Baby YOUR Way is held in the Muza Education Center, 7715 24th Ave NW, Second Floor, Seattle, WA, 98117.
Until further notice all classes are being held virtually!
The Muza Education Center is located in the Olympic Medical Dental Building There is free parking.