Birth & Baby
Congratulations on this new baby joining your family! An exciting time! I invite you to join other pregnant families in a seven week journey through a community based Lamaze childbirth class. You may be choosing to give birth at home, in a birth center or at a local hospital. This Birth and Baby YOUR Way childbirth class series in Ballard will leave you confident, excited and fully prepared to birth and parent your baby YOUR Way. Birth & Baby YOUR Way is not the standard boring childbirth class, but rather an interactive, engaging opportunity to build skills and confidence to labor, birth and parent YOUR way. Welcoming to all families – including families of color, LGBTQI+ and single parents. Diversity is celebrated.
What you can expect in your Lamaze Birth & Baby YOUR Way childbirth class
- Evidence-based pregnancy, birth and parenting practices that are supported by research and facilitated by a Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator with over 14 years of experience.
- Learn how to navigate all of your options, and their benefits and drawbacks.
- Skills to empower yourself as you explore how your body was designed for birth, and encourage yourself to work with your body’s natural abilities.
- Practice strategies for comfort and coping with pain during labor, reducing unnecessary medical interventions, and receiving continuous support from an informed and prepared partner during labor and birth.
- Tips for bonding between you and your baby, with the importance of skin-to-skin contact and time to get to know your new baby after birth.
- A complete class dedicated to newborn caring and parenting
- A full class dedicated to breastfeeding
- Every class filled with interactive and fun activities that increase confidence and build community
What’s included in your registration?
“We ADORED Sharon’s class! Highly recommend. I literally buzzed walking out of that class, fully confident that we could do this thing called childbirth.” – Lauren Ziemski
Lamaze Education Upholds These Fundamentals
Share your learning and class experience with other families making the same plans for an outstanding childbirth experience
This is the childbirth class you don’t want to miss. My classes are highly interactive, full of fun and interesting activities, community building and laughter while always focused on best practice and evidence based care. You will find both my classroom and teaching style comfortable and a welcome relief from the typical childbirth class experience. You will meet and create a community of friends who share your desire for a safe and healthy birth.
Our class text, Pregnancy, Childbirth and the Newborn is included in the class series price and supplements class activities and learning. Recommended supplemental text is The Birth Partner, by Penny Simkin. Additionally receive worksheets and informational resources during our class activities.
Each class cohort enjoys a private Facebook Group where members can build community, connect with each other and myself, receive additional links and information, ask questions between classes and share birth stories and tales of parenting. All my classes have continued to meet post birth for community and sharing experiences as the babies grow.
At our last class, we schedule a future in-person reunion to meet all the little oess and share updates on life with a new baby!
In addition to Pregnancy, Childbirth and the Newborn, every family receives a “Birth & Baby YOUR Way” labor kit filled with useful tools to reduce discomfort and help you cope with labor, along with additional handouts and informational sheets.
Calendar & Registration
The cost for the seven week series is $300.00 It is your registration and payment that confirm your space in class. This class routinely fills, so an early registration is encouraged. The remaining 2017 dates for Lamaze Birth and Baby YOUR Way childbirth classes at the comfortable Muza Education Center in Ballard are:
- Wednesdays 8/23/17 through 10/4/17, 6:30-9:00 (good for due dates in 2017)
- Mondays 10/30/17 through 12/11/17, 6:30-9:00 (good for due dates in December and 2018)
- 2018 series dates coming soon.
Due to the nature of the class, the classroom layout and out of consideration for other families, please make arrangements for any other children to be cared for off site.
Refund Policy: There is a $100 fee if you cancel after registering. If you birth early or have other special circumstances, please contact me to discuss your situation on a case by case basis.
“Sharon has such an authentic, awesome personality…she’s a straight-shooter and she kept us entertained (great sense of humor) while endowing us with a solid understanding of what to expect during labor and birth. I learned so much that I was worried it’d be difficult to retain all the fantastic knowledge! I would take the class again just to embed the information further. I’m most thankful for the education–specifically the anatomical and physiological portions–that gave me the confidence to know my body is fully capable of a healthy and natural delivery. Very empowering.” – Olivia Howell
Lamaze Birth & Baby YOUR Way is held in the Muza Education Center, 7715 24th Ave NW, Second Floor, Seattle, WA, 98117.
The Muza Education Center is located in the Olympic Medical Dental Building
There is free parking.